Help make great theatre with us
Auditions for TBA shows are open to everyone and it's free to be in a TBA show. TBA practices age-appropriate casting and includes age recommendations in the audition announcement. You can find upcoming audition information here, on our Facebook page and by subscribing to our newsletter. Click here to subscribe
TBA Theatre is a professional-caliber, volunteer-based organization.
Much Ado About Nothing Auditions (CLOSED)
We are now accepting video submissions for the first round of auditions for Much Ado About Nothing.
• Auditions are open to teens and adults.
• Everyone will need to submit a video audition of a Shakespearean monologue or sonnet of no more than 1 minute in length. Instructions on video submission will be available soon.
• All Auditioners must fill out the Much Ado About Nothing Participation Form.
• There will be a callback audition in early March
Please note: The roles of Beatrice & Benedick will be played by Kaichen McRae and Kevin Keith. All are roles are available to auditioners.
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
Directed by Erin Dagon Mitchell
The course of true love never did run smooth. Shakespeare’s cherished romantic comedy lands in a 1920's boardwalk, With dastardly plots, hilarious slapstick and some of Shakespeare’s wittiest dialogue, this story of matchmaking and manipulation is the perfect blend of sparkling screwball comedy and romance.
All participants (cast, crew, etc) 12 years of age and older must be vaccinated to participate. There are more details about this on the audition form. If you aren't vaccinated yet, we encourage you to get your first shot as soon as possible. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cast sizes will be limited and rehearsals will be scheduled such that the minimum number of people necessary to rehearse are present as much as is feasible.
REQUIRED DATES AND TIMES - Please read carefully
CALL BACK AUDITIONS
Callbacks will be in person on Thursday March 3 at 6-9pm and Saturday March 5 3-6pm. If you are not available on those days please let us know.
Rehearsals are generally Monday - Friday 6-9:30pm, with some Saturdays & Sundays, at the TBA Studio
Regular rehearsals will begin March 14
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING performs
Friday, April 29th at 7pm
Saturday April 30 at 7pm
Sunday, May 1st at 3pm
Friday, May 6th at 7pm
Saturday, May 7th at 7pm
Sunday, May 8th 19th at 3pm
• there is an additional possibility matinee school show performances on May 5th and 6th at 10am.
- Call times for performances are 2 hours before show time.
- This show has mandatory technical rehearsals, work calls, photo calls, and strike. Technical rehearsals start on Sunday April 24th.
- All performances & tech rehearsals take place at APU Grant Hall.
- By filling out this form you agree to be at all technical rehearsals and performances.
All those auditioning or wanting to be on crew need to fill out our Participation Form.
After completing your audition form, submit a 1-4 minute video audition of yourself performing a soliloquy, monologue, or sonnet from Shakespeare. Video submission should be a 3/4 to full body shot and include the following:
your first and last name
name of the play/sonnet number
name of character (if applicable)
your audition piece
Make sure you have adequate lighting and try and minimize visual clutter and distractions.
Videos should be submitted by Monday, February 28, but earlier submission is encouraged. Videos should be uploaded to TBA's dropbox by clicking this button:
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please contact us.